This 10-week intensive English language and employment-focused course prepares participants for employment as construction craft workers by helping them develop the English language proficiency needed to successfully participate in the workplace, seek and retain employment.
- Understanding and Clarifying Instructions
- Reading Workplace Documents
- Language for Daily Briefings
- Language for Safety at Work
- Employment services/job search assistance/topic focused workshops
- Individualized training and career planning
- Financial support—transportation support/paid short term certificates training (WHMIS/Occupational First Aid Level 1 certificates)
- Up to 12 weeks of follow-up employment support
Registration and Inquires:
- An unemployed, underemployed or looking for career advancement opportunity
- A Recent Immigrant (within 10 years of landing) with Canadian Language Benchmark 5 or higher and face barriers to employment.
- Participants are required to provide proof of English language proficiency or complete a Language Assessment.